It is well known that small businesses generate a large portion of job creation in South Africa. It is therefore imperative we understand the compliance effects of this on businesses, how we can rally support and collaboration to elevate transformation in South Africa.
Oliver Empowerment Award past winners as well as contributors to the well-established Impumelelo Top Empowered Companies
publication will be presenting, debating and attending the event with the aim to further prioritise transformation in South Africa.
"Many organisations and individuals wish to have access to case studies and detailed examples of what top empowered organisations have done or implemented. They want to learn from them and emulate this success in their own business," explains Ryland Fisher, Associate publisher and editor at Topco Media and the moderator of the conference.
"The new update in the B-BBEE codes of good practice affects businesses positively and negatively at several tiers and companies and owners or executives in business need to know what the impact of the codes will be and obtain advice and knowledge on how to deal with these changes."
CEOs, CFOs, HR and transformation managers and those involved in the procurement and supply chain will profit from the lessons learned by top transformation companies, as they share their experiences and wisdom in case study presentations across both days. Many of these corporations are winners over the years of Oliver Awards for transformation and empowerment. Some of the speakers sharing their case studies include:
- Cassim Coovadia, MD, The Banking Association of South Africa
- Kate Moodley, Franchise Director, Discovery
- Maushami Chetty, Attorney, entrepreneur and change catalyst, Maushamic
- Mteto Nyati, CEO, MTN South Africa
- Mzwanele Manyi, President, Progressive Professional Forum, Special Advisor to the Minister of Communications
- Pansy Mekwa, GM: Strategy, Total South Africa
- Thulani Sibeko, Group Managing Executive: Group Marketing, Communications and Corporate Affairs, Nedbank
- Matthews Phosa, Matthews Phosa & Associates
- Zinzi Mgolodela, Head of Transformation, Woolworths Holdings