Along with fast economic growth, Africa is undergoing impressive urban growth. By 2030, it is expected that six of the world's 41 megacities will be African, including Cairo, Lagos, Kinshasa, Johannesburg, Luanda and Dar es Salaam. This puts an imperative on policymakers to establish competitive host cities for the newly urbanised. Smart cities are arguably a key arrow in the policymaker's quiver.
What is less well known – or often little known and many times misunderstood – is the detail beneath these headlines. Understanding the drivers, dividers, diversions, distractions and complexity that make up this continent, is key to building stronger businesses, implementing more effective policies and developing paths to prosperity for our companies and countries.
Click here to book your seat, see the programme agenda and confirmed speakers.
- Unicorns, Dragons, Lightning Birds and Lions (An Economic Overview of What's Happening on the Continent);
- Africa 2035: Can a Focus on Key Strategies Accelerate Africa's Transformation to Prosperity?
- Smart Cities in the African Context: Inclusive Urban Economies;
- Blackouts to Smart Grids: Driving the Energy Transition in Africa;
- Mobile Tech: Bringing Financial Inclusion and Disruption to the Continent; and
- Agriculture Transformation and Innovation.
Click here to see videos for this event.