Greater operational efficiency: SmartDate X45, X65 and X65-128
- MI Sigma: For the first time ever in the TTO market, coders come with a built-in process improvement tool. Once enabled, packaging line downtime reasons can be logged and analysed, facilitating data-driven decision-making.
- Relative motion: This unique-to-market feature ensures codes are printed fully even if the packaging material stops halfway through the print for some reason.
- Quickest access to the most key performance indicators in TTO market: Home screen views are customisable to show up to 5 KPIs, from over 17 options.
- Fewer clicks to complete tasks versus competitor coders: Simplified pathway decreases time and scope for operator error when making adjustments.
- Large touchscreen: The 25.6cm size improves legibility.
- Embedded video tutorials and ‘how to’ modules: Step-by-step guides make daily operations quicker and more efficient.
- Higher performance prints: SmartDate X65 and X65-128.
- Speed: The SmartDate X65 can print at 1,800mm per second to deliver 455ppm at 300dpi, surpassing an industry average of 120 to 160ppm.
- Wide area printing: The SmartDate X65-128 achieves 400ppm across an area up to 128mm x 500mm to deliver twice the variable print versus standard coders. It cuts costs and time when printing multiple codes on multi-lane lines and during late-stage customisation, which can include nutritional and allergen details.
Other cost and quality benefits offered by the SmartDate range:
- Dead-dot detection: Forewarning of missing dots lets operators make adjustments before printing problematic codes.
- Code checking: The Detect-Plus add-on confirms code presence, position and quality on the product film directly, as opposed to competing solutions which check the printing impression on the ribbon and not on the pack.
- Best-in-class consumables: Ribbons are available for all materials with a base coating to maximise print contrast for better durability and legibility, while delivering up to 15% more codes per roll than other options.
The availability of these coders varies by market and will evolve over time. To enquire about South African availability, please contact Pyrotec PackMark. About Pyrotec
Pyrotec is a privately-owned South African company that specialises in providing innovative, top-quality product identification solutions. The company’s extensive service offering includes on-pack product identification solutions – including self-adhesive label systems, coding and labelling equipment – as well as financing, and cloud-based brand protection, track and trace and consumer engagement services. Founded on a dedication to quality, operational reliability and excellent service, the Cape Town-based company has a national footprint with centres in major cities across the country. With more than 50 years’ experience, Pyrotec has two brands operating under its ambit: Pyrotec PackMedia, which includes Pyrotec PackVerifi; and Pyrotec PackMark, including Pyrotec Finance. This proudly independent company is headed up by managing director, Rowan Beattie. For more information, visit www.packmark.co.za
Markem-Imaje, a wholly owned subsidiary of the US-based Dover Corporation is a trusted world manufacturer of product identification and traceability solutions, offering a full line of reliable and innovative inkjet, thermal transfer, laser, and print and apply label systems.
Markem-Imaje provides global reach to over 50,000 customers with 30 subsidiaries, technology six centres, several equipment repair centres and manufacturing plants with the most comprehensive marking and coding portfolio available in the marketplace. For more information, visit www.markem-imaje.com