Egg's executive producer, Colin Howard, explains that their strategy is simple: "We keep a small and creatively-driven shop. We hand-pick our projects and director-producer teams rather than following a blanket approach."
Egg's stellar rise on the local and international market can be attributed to their no-compromise attitude towards producing high-end work that is conceptually driven, innovative and avoids the predictable.
In just a few years, Egg has earned widespread recognition. Having produced work that has won at Cannes, the Clios, D&AD, One Show and New York, the company has been included in the Gunn Report for two years as one of the most awarded production houses in the world.
Egg Films' 2005 Creative Loerie Awards are:
- Sasol's "Two Villages", took Gold for Cinematography, Silver for Music & Sound Design, Art Direction and Single, and Bronze for Editing.
- VW GTi "Beat" took Gold for Single, Silver for Music & Sound Design and Bronze for Direction and Cinematography.
- SAB Castle "Worldwind" won Silvers for Editing, Single and Direction.
- Good Hope FM's "Waterbabies" took Silver for Art Direction and Bronze for Cinematography.
- Pedigree's "Chew" took Silver for Single and Bronze for Music and Sound Design.
- Opel "Take it Off" took a Silver for Single and Bronze for Direction.
- Reach for a Dream's "Ali" took a Silver for Writing and Bronze for Single
- SABC's "Siphiwe" took Bronze for Animation.