|The Southern African Freelancers' Association (SAFREA) is a non-profit professional membership organisation of freelance workers in the communications field. Members are writers, photographers, editors, proofreaders, graphic designers, illustrators, researchers, translators and other experts in communication who offer a broad range of skills and specialities. |
Founded in 1999, Safrea promotes the interests of freelance media specialists, working to raise their professional standing and to make working as a freelancer more rewarding.
Safrea is a professional media forum established to:
- Promote the interests of freelance professionals in the communications industry.
- Stimulate professional standards and ethical conduct in both freelancers and employers.
- Provide information for freelancers to negotiate payments and contracts.
- Foster a community of support, advice and skills-training for freelancers.
- Serve as the collective voice of freelance media professionals in the Southern African region.
In addition to these benefits, members also receive:
- A members database fwhich is accessed by agencies, partners and employers of freelancers.
- A 24/7 e-group network offering advice, collaboration, information, ideas, companionship and work.
- An experienced executive administrator on call seven days a week to answer questions and provide help.
- A PR and Marketing programme dedicated to raising the profile of SAFREA and its members.
- Social media platforms showcasing your work and offering freelance resources and information.
- Social events across five provinces featuring guest speakers, workshops, networking and skills-building specifically designed for freelancers within the communications industry.
- Exclusive perks including e-guides, expert tutorials and business templates.
- Freelance job openings and opportunities exclusive to SAFREA members.
- Media card with your profile picture, confirming membership at our accredited association.
- A support and advocacy body that addresses issues such as rates of pay, copyright and contracts.
- Personal profile on the website that can be updated with your clippings, photographs and other work to serve as a portfolio for securing new work.
To learn more or sign up for a SAFREA membership please visit: safrea.co.za